Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Dick Cheney's Mea Culpa on Fox


Dick Cheney granted an interview to Britt Hume of FOX NEWS today to explain his side of the shooting incident from over the weekend when Cheney blasted a 78-year old man in the face with a 28 gauge shotgun.

Jack Cafferty at CNN noted that Cheney going to Hume for a mea culpa interview is like Bonnie interviewing Clyde about all those bank robberies - perhaps not the most illuminating television.

Nonetheless Big Time Cheney did finally hear all the criticism coming his way about the handling of the shooting incident and the aftermath, so let's all give him a round of applause and listen to what he has to say. Steve Martin at Huffington Post has an exclusive post of what Cheney told Hume:

Vice President Dick Cheney, while hunting wild geese in the Rose Garden, accidentally shot President Bush twice, once in the heart and once in the head. "I didn't really shoot the President twice," said Cheney. "The second time I shot him, I was president. It wasn't until my third shot, where I accidentally shot my own foot, that I had shot the president twice.

I was officially injured and unable to govern, when Dennis Hastert came in, and stepped on the butt handle of the rifle causing it to swing up like a rake and shoot his hair off. I guess I'm officially responsible for that too, meaning I shot the acting president for a total of three occupants of the oval office. I'm not proud, but it is a record."

So there you have it. Cheney's not proud about it, but he currently holds the record for shooting three preznits in one Oval Office mishap. Quite an accomplishment, if you ask me. And people laughed because Cheney has no Vietnam war experience!!!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?