Thursday, May 18, 2006

Rove Round-Up

Here we are, it's Thursday evening in New York City, a late spring rain has just ended, the work week is almost done and still we await news of Karl Rove's fate in the CIA leak case.

Wayne Madsen of the Wayne Madsen Report claims special prosecutor Patrick Fitzgerald will announce that Karl Rove has been indicted in the CIA leak case tomorrow. Jeralyn at Talk Left picks up his report and gives it some analysis, although she takes pains to say that she hasn't read Madsen before and doesn't know how reliable he is. I haven't read Madsen either, but what I've heard about him isn't too good so I'm going to give the Madsen report a pass and allow those so inclined to venture into his world themselves. I've instead decided to repeat Daily News reporter Tom DeFrank's remark to Keith Olbermann that

I think Mr. Fitzgerald and the grand jury know (whether Rove is going to be indicted or not), and I think anybody else who tells you they know, including his lawyers, are not correct.

Probably won't get me back on the Hotline Blogometer, but how's that for responsible blogging?

UPDATE: Just in case you are so inclined, the special prosecutor's website is here. The media advisory alerting the press that Fitzgerald was going to hold his October 28th, 2005 afternoon press conference announcing the indictment of Scooter Libby went up on the special prosecutor's website on the morning of October 28th. Perhaps checking the website tomorrow morning would prove fruitful?

Comments:
thanks for the heads up on the website.I will check it in the morning..if this goes on much longer I will have my fingernails chewed down to the second knuckle.
 
I feel the same way, Dusty. On eway or the other, I want to know what the resolution here is.

BTW, thanks for adding moe to your blogroll. I added you to my too.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?